WHAT IS ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING ?
Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing is a computer-controlled process that creates three-dimensional objects through an additive method. It uses a 3D object scanner or a computer-aided design as opposed to traditional methods of manufacturing that are done using a subtractive method- the material is removed from a solid block until the desired shape is reached. Additive manufacturing on the other hand uses an additive approach- the parts are built one layer at a time directly from a digital file. The materials used for additive manufacturing can vary depending on the technique used, including plastic, ceramic, metal, or even edible materials like chocolate.
Additive manufacturing is used for building visual and functional prototypes or for small to medium scales of manufacturing. It is speeding up the product design and development processes
Exelus provides end-to-end solutions and expertise in additive manufacturing services. We are an additive manufacturing company in Pune that offers engineering and design of products in addition to series production. We help in bringing your idea for a part or product into reality. Additive manufacturing is not a single technology but a multitude of technologies that are based on the concept of additive manufacturing a product. We provide a range of high-quality additive manufacturing services including Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Polyjet, and Multi Jet Fusion (MJF).
The additive manufacturing process can be broadly divided into four steps: CAD design, Pre-processing/ Slicing, 3D printing, and post-processing.
WHY CHOOSE ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING ?
- Affordability: Since additive manufacturing requires just the material and no additional tools, it is one of the most affordable manufacturing processes for small batches and one-off parts.
- Complex geometries: Additive manufacturing creates parts layer by layer using a computer-controlled nozzle. Thus, they can be used to create very complex shapes and interior geometries.
- Efficiency: When a part has been designed using computer-aided design (CAD) software, it can be printed in just a few hours.
- Adaptability: As parts made using additive manufacturing require no tooling, there is less risk involved when manufacturing a part. This is because any fault found in the initial prototype can be amended digitally without the need for tooling.
- Sustainable: Additive manufacturing is more sustainable and environmentally friendly than traditional methods of manufacture as there is no material wastage involved.
WHY DO YOU NEED ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING ?
Our additive manufacturing engineers and consultants will guide you through every step of the process from understanding the advantages of additive manufacturing to designing your parts or components for 3D printing and in determining what material and method to use. Whether you are looking for one component to be printed or want to establish a long-term production partnership with the best additive manufacturing company, we will be there to provide you with guidance and help.